Peace Education, Campaigning and Networking Sub-committee
You're not logged in.
We aim to:
- To promote a deeper and wider understanding of the Quaker peace testimony among both Friends and the wider community.
- To campaign, on behalf of Britain Yearly Meeting, and where appropriate in collaboration with other organisations, for disarmament and against militarism.
- To support, nurture and foster relationships with other organisations concerned with the pursuit of peace and disarmament.
- To promote learning about peace by supporting the engagement of Friends in peace education, creating and promoting peace education resources, nurturing the peace education movement and challenging the militarisation of children and young people..
- To oversee the one-year placements of Peaceworkers with British peace organisations, so as to strengthen the peace movement and provide experience for people entering this field.